Ticket to Work
The Ticket to Work program is a Social Security Administration Work Incentive program for adults receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability benefits. The program is designed to help beneficiaries return to work through the assistance of Employment Networks (ENs). ENs are private organizations or government agencies that have agreed to work with Social Security to provide employment and other support services to help beneficiaries with disabilities get and/or maintain a job. Ultimately, the goal is to help you earn enough money to become financially independent. Although participation in the program is voluntary, other benefits to you include:
- Medical reviews are waived while participating in the Ticket program;
- Medicare or Medi-Cal benefits may continue after cash benefits end due to work or earnings; and
- Expedited Reinstatement ensures that you will not have to reapply for Social Security benefits if your cash benefits end and you lose your job due to the same disability.
The Workforce Assistance Center is an approved EN provider that can help you reach your employment goals and become self-sufficient. We offer services in:
- Career Counseling & Guidance
- Benefits Planning
- Job Search or Placement Services
- Job Coaching/Training
- Job Accommodation Planning
- Continuing Employment Supports
- Asset Development
If you are interested in participating in the Ticket to Work program, complete and submit the Ticket to Work Interest form to Bertha Vega at firstname.lastname@example.org.